Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Her Name is "Perfect"







Before the containers arrived, I got to play with some of the kids. I showed about 25 of them my pictures of Grace and Claire. They all just stared.






"Perfect" was my closest friend today. She would not leave my side, and sat by me at our devotions this morning. I will let you decide whether her name fits her or not.






I gave a bunch of kids "pony rides" on my knee. It was fun for the first 10 to 15.






I have seriously hurt my back, but I keep stretching it out and going on. I hope that my chiropracter has openings as soon as I get back.






Grace, you would have lots of fun helping at VBS. First, however, you have to show me that you can survive on a diet of fried potatos, plantains, peas and fish. That is pretty much the staple that we get at every dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for your back and I'll try to decipher your calendar and see what I can work out with Dr. Rob for when you get back. Amy and kids leave tomorrow, we are sad, but have had a great time. We went to Pump It Up today and the girls bounced and slid like crazy. Brayden wanted no part of it. He loves the pool though, and Daisy. Daisy loves him, whining to get into his room and following him everywhere. I'm planning to make some of those chocolate chip cookies with the peanut butter in the middle for when you get back, so hang in there! Jason made it back safely from Scotland. They had a bit of trouble with customs arriving in Scotland. Apparently, the country has been closed to receiving missionaries. They told them they would not be allowed to return unless they were coming soley as tourists. Sounds like they were able to minister despite the intial "roughing up" by the officials. We were talking at dinner that it would be fun for both of our families to go someday together on a missions trip. Much love - M

    ReplyDelete