Thursday, August 6, 2009

WALLS, sunburns and numb fingers

Considering we are really only completing our first full day, with yesterday being a little more than a half day, we are making great time.

Today, we finished all of the roof trusses, all of the floor joists and all of the walls. We didn't quite get to standing the walls, as it is a big task and we only have about an hour of daylight left.

We are experiencing some very HOT and SUNNY weather, particularly for this time of year in Rwanda. Even though we are using sun screen (some folks are using 50 and 70) most of us are still sun burned. I am doing fairly well, except for the back of my legs, which now look and smell like bacon.

Tonight we are all going out for pizza. I have barely been eating because the heat and hard work has really sapped my appetite. However, I think I might give the pizza a try.

Everyone is very tired, and tomorrow will be a very long, busy day if we want to get all of the walls, trusses and floor joist up. That will allow us some time to put up paneling on Saturday.

My ride is here, so I have to go.

More pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment