Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's a New Day!
















It is now about 8:00 Friday morning (2:00 am in Florida). We are hoping to put up all the main support walls, floor joists and primary trusses today. It is another very hot, sunny day in Rwanda, so we are all covered with sun screen. I think I am beyond sunscreen at this point (particularly my calves) so I have opted to cover up with long pants and long sleeves. It will make for a hot day, but probably the best way to go, since the sun was burning folks that had put on SPF 50 and 70.










Last night, the pizza was pretty good. They had cheese pizza, peperroni pizza, sausage pizza and pizza with potato, eggplant and mushrooms - I stayed with cheese pizza. I ate about 7 slices, and will probably pay for it today.










I think it is pretty funny because I have hardly eaten this trip, but Steve loves the food. I think I have seen him going back for seconds a couple of times. He even ate the casava, which had my stomach gurggling just looking at it.










Anyway, here are some of the latest pictures. I will try to send updates this morning and Saturday, but those will probably be the last until I return.










My plan is to do a final update after I get home and have had a chance to process all my thoughts about the trip.










Sleep well!

6 comments:

  1. If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all.
    David Livingstone

    It is so heartwarming to follow the "Kigali Christian School '09" story through your updates. The trip is almost over. I so admire the personal sacrifice of those who stuck with the trip. You had to overcome many obstacles. I know the shiping delays and rescheduling/rebooking of tickets posed challenges with school, work, and/or bosses. I know the funds provided are hard-earned. I also know that some who had planned to go are living the trip vicariously through your blog posts, wishing they could be there.

    Have a safe trip back and God bless you all.

    Karen D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to here that you all are making progress. I'm just wondering why Dan is always standing with his hands on his hips in most of the pictures? You can't miss him in his "Indiana Dan" hat! Ha! It was very lonely around here yesterday with the Amy and kids gone. We are looking forward to you coming home! We are going to see G-Force today, Caroline is hanging out today as well, and then orientation tomorrow. The class lists are out, but no one is talking! Guess we'll have to wait until we get there. Grace and I are helping in the 1 year old class Sunday, and then Monday we'll practice getting up and getting ready for school. Love you and ready for you to come home - M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan D.

    Why are you always standing with you hands on your hips? Let someone else "supervise!"
    Bet that "Indian Dan" hat came in handy from what Mitch has been posting about the sun.
    KD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitch is now wearing SPF 70 sunscreen and wears a towl on my head to cover my neck and ears. I think it is working well, but certainly not setting any fashion trends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding Dan.....

    Please let it be known that I have not said ANYTHING derrogatory about our captain.

    SOMEBODY has to hold the plans!

    I will post another picture that you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls, I can't wait to hear about your classes and teachers. I know you are going to have an awesome year at school.

    I am wearing my ECS shirt today, so you can tell folks at school that ECS is "representin'" in AFRICA!

    M - sorry I am not there to help you out. You will do a fine job without me.

    ReplyDelete